During the summer of 2018, we will offer 8 weeks of work camps and 5 weeks of Re:Fuel Summer Kid’s Camp.
Overall Summer Intern Job Description
(Applies to all Internships at TPP):
Summer Interns are responsible for the programmatic, relational, and spiritual elements of our home-repair Summer Projects and our Kid’s Camp experience. Our staff will serve the participants who are coming in on the missions’ trips, be the primary contact person for our people we serve from our neighborhood during the summer, and lead young people through their missions’ experience. These participants will range from 6th-12th grades along with college students and adult leaders.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Serve on ministry sites with group participants as a representative of The Project
- Maintain the overall spiritual focus of the ministry site
- Provide leadership for participants helping them process their mission week
- Develop relationships with members of our church & the surrounding neighborhood
- Build redemptive relationships with participating teenagers
- Provide daily oversight for service sites (construction or Kid’s Camp)
- Assist with evening meals and facilitate the transitions of The Project’s schedule
- Participate in evening club through games, worship, and sharing testimonies.
- Lead small groups to help students process their week
- Staff members will live at The Project at attend Roxborough Church during the entirety of their internship
Check out The Philadelphia Project’s 2017 Interns